What to consider when obtaining a tattoo or body piercing:
- The facility must be approved by the local Health Department
- Equipment (needles and tubes) are sterilized and the package is opened in front of you.
- No person under the age of 18 can receive a tattoo or body piercing without parent or legal guardian present.
- Artist performing procedure is trained regarding blood borne pathogens and first aid.
- New gloves worn by artist for each procedure are for their protection as much as yours.
- Look through artists work or portfolios to make sure he/she can perform the type of service or tattoo you are looking to obtain.
- Obtaining a tattoo at a party is illegal in Ohio unless artists have obtained approval from the Health Department in their county and have been properly trained to protect your health and safety.
For questions concerning a licensed location or procedures required by rules governing this program contact the Lake County General Health District 440-350-2543.