An Ohio program in Lake County for expectant parents, newborns, infants, and toddlers that provides health and developmental services so that all children start school healthy and ready to learn.
Research shows that during prenatal to five years of age there is a critical window of opportunity for rapid growth of the brain, language, motor, cognitive, adaptive and social-emotional skill development that lasts a lifetime. This window of opportunity is extremely important for children who require extra support to reach their full developmental potential and for children at risk of not meeting their developmental potential.
Help Me Grow supports the well being of pregnant women and young children through home based specialized services from prenatal to three. Services offered are parenting education, developmental evaluations, community resource linkages and public awareness. A special emphasis is placed on early prevention,intervention and support to first time/teen parents.
Families are offered:
- Full developmental screenings that include vision, hearing and nutrition
- Prenatal education for expecting parents
- Home visitation services for case management and parenting education
- Linking and referrals to community services
- Full comprehensive developmental evaluations for children with medical diagnosis or suspected developmental delays
Early Intervention services are offered in partnership with the Lake County Board of Developmental Disabilities. Services are free for qualifying families